Friday, May 15, 2009

Simple Faire is Best

Time has been tight lately with many responsibilites and when that happens and tummies are grumbling for something my first fleshly inclination is to say, alright the lot you...off to bed!
But then I take a deep breath and start making breakfast for dinner.

Take your pick and please the family with a low cost meal for dinner...
~Fried Potatoes and Eggs
~French Toast
~Biscuts and Gravy
~Pancakes and berries
~An Omlet

I just recently learned how to make Quiche! I don't know I guess it was the pie crust thing that I am not particularly good at, and overcame the fright of buying it all rolled up and already done. It's still quite economical purchased on sale. But if you are braver than I...make your own crust.
Quiche...
Just a fancy name and look for some eggs, and a few other ingredients, and very easy to make.
It is also a great way to have "Leftovers for Breakfast".
You really can't make this wrong...only experiment with leftovers and find the way you like it.

Simple Quiche
One of your favorite pie crusts in a shallow pie plate
(Can be homemade or store bought)
Beat six eggs
Add 1 cup cream OR milk OR evaporated milk
Add one cup shredded Ceddar Cheese
(Or just about any cheese you have)
Add a little leftover Hamburger, OR sausage OR Cooked Crumbled Bacon
(Or for the veggie lover, toss in a little broccoli)
Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour
Elegant Quiche
One of your favorite pie crusts in a shallow pie plate
(Can be homemade or store bought)
Beat six Eggs
Add 1 cup cream OR milk
1 Tsp Salt
Pour mixture into uncooked pie crust
Top with Spinach leaves
and Sliced Tomatoes
Top with crumbled Feta cheese
Bake at 350 for 1/2 hour
Serve warm topped with sour cream and or salsa, and or a side salad,
Or grab a cold piece on the run in the morning rather than a doughnut.
Simple Faire Quiche
Omit all the added extras and make a plain Quiche
served hot with Sour Cream and Jam OR Berries
I would have posted a picture of the Quiche, but it didn't last long enough, Enjoy!

6 comments:

Mrs. E said...

Oh my goodness.....
thank you for sharing!!
I just LOVE quiche!

Love & Hugs,
Jen

HOPE said...

This sounds yummy... I have a recipe that is crustless..and type of Quiche. I'll have to share with you. It's yummy too... with green chilies!

Thanks..
HOPE

Rose said...

I just love your Quiche recipe~It sounds so delicious! My family will love it. Thank you for sharing, Rose

Anonymous said...

Your blogs are so lovely. I treasure reading them. You are such a gift! God bless ya dear one!

4 HIS Glory!!! said...

Omi LadyBug
here's my Omi's recipe for "NO" Fail Pie crust...so far many years later i've yet to have a failure =)
it makes 3 crusts which you can bake and freeze or roll and freeze
Cut together:
3 C. Flour
1 1/3 C. Lard or Fluffo [wow =) this is an old recipe] i'm incline to always use butter
Add:
1 Tsp vinegar
1 Egg beaten
1 Tsp salt
5 Tbs cold water

Domestically Inclined said...

4HisGlory! Thank you so much for the recipe! I seem to remember you using this for some apple pies years ago. Is this the same one?
And you know know all my nicknames!
See you soon or at supper :)


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin