Friday, July 11, 2008

FRUGAL FRIDAY 7-11-08


Welcome to Frugality 101.

If you are just joining us, please read the articles





Frugality 101

I just love the aroma and taste of fresh herbs, however due to some injuries this year I was unable to plant them. To my wonderful surpise I happend upon some freshly growing Herbs in the grocery store. It was two large plants of basil for only $4.00. They were hydroponically grown so I keep them in a large glass jar and pluck only what I need. I change the water in the jar every other day to keep it fresh, and it has already lasted beautifully through this heat for about 3 weeks. When the plants seem to be coming to the end of their growing season I will pluck all the leaves off and dry them and store them for special meals in the winter. Another storage method for fresh herbs is to place them in a plastic baggie with water and store them in the freezer. When needed, just pull the bags out of the freezer and let them thaw.


Now it's your turn to share some great frugal tips for our home life.
Feel free to copy and post the Domestically Inclined Frugal Friday meme picture on your post or blog with a link back here. Thanks and I look forward to reading every bit of help you would like to share with stay at home moms/wives/and grandmas!

Here are a few featured posts on Frugality.





Add your link above and feel free to leave a comment!

3 comments:

Marsha said...

I have joined the Frugal Friday Gang and will post on Friday at my blog the icon and a tip for grocery shopping.

I tried to add my link with Mr. Linky, but unless it has to be approved first, it didn't seem to work. :-(

Domestically Inclined said...

Welcome to the Frugal Friday Tips! I can't wait to see your tips. I did click on Mr. Linky and it worked for me. I saw your name there and it took me straight to your site.

Marsha said...

Oh, I understand now. I thought it was supposed to put my link on the post page. I get it now. thanks!


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin