Friday, September 5, 2008

Frugal Friday Sept. 4, 08

Little Girl in Bonnet
Little Girl in Bonnet


Good Morning Frugal Friday Ladies,

I was cleaning up the painting mess that dearest Husband so kindly made, when I noticed the towels. (it really is kind of him as I am allergic to the paint fumes and it really needed painting)
Back to the towels...Some seemed awfully frayed and I made a mental note to share with you what I have done with them in the past.

  1. If the seams are beginning to fray I mend them.
  2. After the first mend begins to fray I cut the worn edges and mend again.
  3. If there is a whole in the towel and it won't mend well, I will cut the towel up and make wash cloths out of it.
  4. If there are large nice salvageable sections of a towel left I will cut out a piece to make a vintage "Budoir Bonnet" to keep my long hair from dripping all over the wood floor. I plan on posting some of these on my ETSY shop one of these days.
  5. If all else fails, these towel or washcloth remnants become rags to clean up dear husbands paint messes.
Here are a few more recycling tips
The Sheperds House


Enjoy this glorious day, and may you shine with the love of Jesus to all you meet!

No comments:


LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin